Community & Press
2020 NIAOP Spotlight Award – Redevelopment Project for Planet 13 Phase 2
LAS VEGAS, NV–(Marketwired – Jan 8, 2014) – The Venetian Las Vegas and The Palazzo Las Vegas, both owned and operated by Las Vegas Sands Corp, held the first-ever Sands Supplier Excellence Awards to recognize the high level of cooperation and services of its suppliers and vendors. The awards were distributed during a recent Sands Supplier Appreciation Dinner.
“What a great opportunity to thank our suppliers for their efforts in helping us run the world’s largest resort hotel,” said John Caparella, president and chief operating officer of The Venetian, The Palazzo and Sands Expo. “Running an operation of the scale and size of our integrated resorts takes a remarkable amount of manpower and coordination, both internally and externally. Our success and the success of our suppliers have gone hand-in-hand, and our partnership and cooperation have created mutually beneficial results.”
Appreciation for supplier partnerships was expressed with awards given in seven categories:
- Corporate Culture and Sustainability
- Cost Management
- Service Excellence
- Project Management
- Total Quality Management
- Small Business Enterprise/ Minority Business Enterprise
From among thousands of service providers and suppliers, nominations were collected from the company’s business units and team members, representing businesses such as construction and development; furniture and equipment; facilities and services; food and beverage; marketing and print, operating supplies, information technology, surveillance, gaming, and retail.
The award categories and winners are:
CATEGORY – Cost Management
WINNER – Trident Construction Corporation
- Trident Constructions is a valued partner that effectively manages costs, provides competitive bids and sustainable long term pricing.
- Trident Construction has been working on The Venetian and The Palazzo campus since 2011.
- They have completed many projects all while keeping a clean and safe working environment, meeting aggressive deadlines and delivering a quality product.